Based in Jumet, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers.
As DSP Scientist (development department), you will be responsible for the successful development of smart and innovative purification processes. You will be one of our specialists in gene-therapy and vaccine DSP processes. You will be the one to select and implement the most efficient technologies enabling to simplify and optimize the clarification, TFF, and chromatography operations. Working closely with the Upstream Specialist, the Analytical Department, and our Project Manager, you will be accountable for all DSP project deliverables and to facilitate the technology transfer to the production facility.
- Lead the design and execution of innovative downstream process programs for vaccines, gene therapy, and biosimilar applications,
- Propose creative technical solutions to meet the project’s goals,
- Develop detailed experimentation protocols and plan,
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for the execution of experimentations plans and related data interpretation,
- Plan team organization with lab technicians and equipment availability (work planning, supervision of the hands-on plan),
- Coordinate with other teams (QC, QA, Lab, Logistics…) about the usage of equipment and resources,
- Align and follow-up with management and program managers about project status, deadlines, budget, risks…
- Prepare, analyze, present, and write technical scientific reports,
- Consolidate and present results with scientific feedback during internal or external meetings,
- Responsible for correct usage and tracking of quality systems within own field of activities (procedures/checklist/equipment/documents),
- Promote and enforce (bio)-safety practices,
- Participate in Lab activities (included housekeeping and maintenance),
- Follow-up on deadlines and project objectives within own scope,
- Be responsible for documentation and reach project objectives and deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master Degree or higher with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience in virus purification processes,
- First experience in protein, antibody, and/or virus DSP or process development,
- Full understanding of compliance and cGMP considerations,
- Strong leadership combined with organizational planning and project management skills,
- Excellent communicator with the ability to transfer knowledge and give confidence to customers,
- Driven by curiosity and eagerness to learn more every day,
- Strong desire to be impactful,
- Self-motivation and interest in fast-growing companies/SMEs,
- Fluent English mandatory.