Exothera, one of Univercells’ subsidiaries, is the newly launched contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that supports cell and gene therapy developers with process development and production of viral vectors. Exothera is uniquely positioned to create bespoke bioproduction support programs for manufacturers to achieve successful market entry.
At Exothera and Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of state of the art process development, analytics, and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities.
This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
As part of the operational groups in the Development unit of Exothera at Gosselies/Jumet, the HPLC Laboratory Technician will be in charge of HPLC Analytical method development and HPLC analysis.
As HPLC Laboratory technician you are an active member of a team that supports process development with a suite of different analytical technologies that include HPLC/UPLC, DLS, ELISA, qPCR and cell-based assays. The analytical results allow the upstream and downstream process development colleagues to make the right decisions when it comes to the development of viral vectors, virus-like particles, monoclonal antibodies and other biologics.
As HPLC Laboratory Technician Analytical development, you will be responsible for performing a variety of analytical testing, mainly in HPLC. Your are a specialist of HPLC / UPLC but you've a good knowledge or experience with other testing method like ELISA, cell-based assays, qPCR ,… You will help to develop and qualify these analytical methods, and analyze samples from our upstream and downstream process development teams. This includes making preparations, executing the method, recording data. You will maintain laboratory equipment and inventory for laboratory supplies. You will also contribute to the writing of analytical protocols and reports.
- Assemble, prepare, check and calibrate equipment and/or materials for testing
- Perform the analytical testing according to SOP and experimental plan
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) according to good documentation practice
- Suggest and help implement improvements
Reporting & Analysis
- Review checklist/experimental data
- Evaluate and report results to Analytical Scientist
- At request of the Scientist, compile data and write reports
Maintenance & Inventory
- Execute basic maintenance of lab equipment
- Cleaning and housekeeping
- Calibrate equipment
- Maintain inventory/standard materials in the lab
- Order specific material
Documentation & Training
- In collaboration with Scientist, contribute to Writing/Reviewing/Improving SOP, checklist or reports
- Train colleagues on equipment use, procedures, practices, …
- Share knowledge and experience
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Eager to learn and leverage know-how to participate in the development of solutions
- Capacity to work autonomously
- “Technical-manual intelligence”, practical sense
- Enthusiastic and agile to work on a variety of projects in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to give confidence through in-depth experimental reports and data analysis
- Driven by curiosity and eager to learn more every day