Exothera is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to virus and viral vector production. As a Univercells company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on novel manufacturing technologies. The company delivers accelerated process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of virus and viral vectors. At Exothera and Univercells, our mission is to make health equally accessible to all.
Apply and be part of this great adventure!
qPCR – ddPCR Scientist – Analytical Science
The Analytical Science qPCR-ddPCR Scientist is strongly focused on the implementation and execution of AS Development projects in the scope of his/her activity. Our Analytical Science qPCR-ddPCR Scientist is the one to select and implement the most efficient methods and technologies enabling to simplify and optimize virus, protein and antibody production processes. He/she acts as a guide of the AS technicians to implement best practices during experiment execution and performs the first analysis of data. He/She works in close collaboration with the Senior Scientist.
- Design and execute innovative analytical method development for vaccine, gene therapy and biosimilar applications.
- Delivering deep knowledge and technical expertise’s in molecular assays (qPCR/ddPCR) and immune assays (ELISA, Western-Blot). Those following tasks are parts of his mission and responsibilities:
- Continuous research of potential new interesting methods
- Listing potential critical method parameters for design and propose plan to evaluate them
- Propose key consumables of different suppliers.
- Statistics-based data interpretation and management
- Trouble-shoot equipment.
- Develop detailed experimentation protocols and executes the planning/organization of the experiments in his/her scope of activities
- Propose creative technical solutions to meet project’s goals
- Review of record forms and raw data.
- First analysis and interpretation of functional data.
- reporting and presentation / justification to the Customer and internal stakeholders
- Explains technical details on demand in front of Clients.
- Follow-up on deadlines and project objectives within own scope.
- Implement and maintain best practices for AS operations.
- Provide technological mentorship to technicians in charge
- Support in maintaining a roadmap of technical priorities and solutions to meet business goals
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree or PhD in bio sciences or equivalent
- 2-5 years of industrial process development experience in analytical science field
- Experience with viral products is an asset
- Basic understanding of compliance and cGxP considerations
- Basic experience in Design of Experiment
- Strong analytical skills and attention for details
- Excellent communicator with the ability to transfer knowledge to the AS technicians
- Driven by curiosity and eager to learn more every day,
- Strong desire to be impactful,
- Self-motivation and interest in fast-growing companies/SMEs,
- Fluent English in writing and speaking.
- French language is a strong asset.