Exothera, one of Univercells’ subsidiaries, is a newly launched contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that aims to support cell and gene therapy developers with process development and production of viral vectors.
At Exothera and Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities to achieve our mission: Biologics available and affordable to all!! This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
Based in our Gosselies or Jumet offices (but working remotely part-time could be an option) you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. You will provide direct support to the Senior Leadership Team to help articulate and execute the ambitious goals of Exothera.
If you are interested in cell and gene therapy and want to help us make a difference, the below role might be just for you.
As our Strategy Manager, you will be actively contributing to:
- Perform market intelligence and market analysis, evaluating and prioritizing market opportunities, defining pricing strategy and value proposition to build a strong services portfolio – in strong collaboration with the Business Development department
- Establish and execute a strategic plan – in collaboration with SMEs – to realize Exothera’s vision of making Cell and Gene therapy available to all
- Work closely with scientific/technology teams to manage internal development portfolio and translation into innovative and effective services (and products)
- Act as an internal consultant on specific topics to support and advise the Senior Leadership Team
- Monitor and share competitor performance, innovations, markets, etc., from various internal and external sources to develop strategic options
- Develop strategic threat identification and mitigation plans as well as overseeing their adoption across the company.
In collaboration with Univercells Corporate Development department:
- Business opportunity evaluation, construction of business cases, and drafting of business plans
- Define, write and follow project proposals for R&D calls (Regional, National, EU, US) in collaboration with operations in order to raise non-dilutive capital
- Model the financial case associated with market opportunities
- Structure and negotiate agreements with partners, conduct due diligence, formulate partnership strategies, and present recommendations to the management team, as well as manage transactional and execution steps to close the agreement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Bioscience- or Biomedical Engineering.
- Additional business degree or MBA is a plus
- At least 2 to 5 years of professional experience in a strategy consulting role in the same industries is required
- Scientific background, with an understanding of biopharmaceuticals, biopharmaceutical drug development process, and the broader healthcare industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to deliver impacting narratives and key messages to internal and external audiences including the C-Suite
- Ability to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-growing and dynamic company
- Fluent English, any other language is a plus