Exothera is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to virus and viral vector production. As a Univercells company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on novel manufacturing technologies. The company delivers accelerated process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of virus and viral vectors. At Exothera and Univercells, our mission is to make health equally accessible to all.
Apply and be part of this great adventure!
At Exothera and Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities. This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
Within Exothera USP Team, based in Jumet, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. You will be the actor in the successful development of an innovative upstream process. You will select and implement the most efficient technologies enabling you to simplify and optimize the upstream operations. Working closely with the downstream and engineering teams, you will also facilitate the integration of the cell culture process into a completely disruptive continuous production line
- Identify efficient upstream technologies for gene therapy applications
- Process transfer from external partners
- Challenge candidate technologies to deliver value from R&D to manufacturing use
- Design, plan and execute upstream experiments for various projects
- Analyze and present data to orientate the next steps of the project
- Write documentation associated to your experiments
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in life sciences/biochemistry/biology or bioengineering (MSc or Ph.D.), or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience with upstream technologies (cell culture in bioreactors, virus or viral vector production)
- Understanding of the development, scale-up, and implementation of bioprocess upstream technologies
- Solid data analysis capacity
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Team spirit
- Experience with Customer interactions, such as in a CRO or CDMO is an asset
- Fluent English is mandatory, French is a definite asset