Exothera is a contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO) dedicated to virus, viral vector, and nucleic acids production. As a Univercells company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on novel manufacturing technologies. The company delivers accelerated discovery services as well as process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of viruses, viral vectors, and nucleic acids. At Exothera and Univercells, our mission is to make health equally accessible to all.
At Exothera in Jumet, we are currently looking for an Analytical Lab Technician. This is an exciting position within our brand-new Nucleic Acid Business Unit. Here below all the details.
You will be responsible for performing analytical testing to support the development and implementation of analytical assays to design the equipment and production processes. These tests are mainly based on UPLC chromatography linked to QTOF mass spectrometry. You will also contribute to the development of new methods to enrich our analytical portfolio.
You will help to develop and qualify these analytical methods and analyze samples from our upstream and downstream process development teams. This includes preparing the relevant equipment and reagents, executing the method, and recording the data. You will maintain laboratory equipment and inventory for laboratory supplies. You will also contribute to the writing of analytical protocols and reports.
You will work in collaboration with the analytical scientists to achieve project objectives and milestones.
- Assemble, prepare, check, and calibrate equipment and/or materials for testing
- Perform the analytical testing according to SOP and experimental plan
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) according to good documentation practices
- Suggest and help to implement improvements
Reporting & Analysis
- Review checklist/experimental data
- Evaluate and report results to Analytical Scientist
- At the request of the Scientist, compile data and write reports
- Contribute to the elaboration of new experimental procedures
Maintenance & Inventory
- Execute basic maintenance of lab equipment
- Cleaning and housekeeping
- Calibrate equipment
- Maintain inventory/standard materials in the lab
- Order specific material
Documentation & Training
- In collaboration with the Analytical Scientist, contribute to Writing/Reviewing/Improving SOP, checklist or reports
- Train colleagues on equipment use, procedures, and practices, …
- Share knowledge and experience
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- Experience with analytical method development and pre-qualification is required in several of the described areas: liquid chromatography, (U)HPLC-UV, and LC-MSMS. Experience in mRNA analysis and characterization is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in operating (u)HPLC, ideally coupled to mass spectrometry for biomolecule analysis purposes.
- Hands-on experience in sample preparation workflows for biological macromolecules (protein, mRNA, oligonucleotides)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar area
- Integrity and transparency.
- Strong sense of observation, inventive & critical mindset, scientific curiosity, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactivity, flexibility, and organization skills.
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects.
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package with a large panel of extra benefits, and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic, and fast-growing company.