Exothera is a contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO) dedicated to viral vectors and nucleic acids production. As a technology-driven company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on the best and most innovative manufacturing technologies developed within the Univercells group. The company delivers accelerated discovery services as well as process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of viral vectors and nucleic acids. At Exothera and Univercells, Our mission is to make life-changing therapies available to all.
We work every day on reinventing biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. With the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities to achieve our mission: Biologics available and affordable to all!! This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
Based in Jumet, you will join a collaborative team, full of passionate change-makers. You will be a key member of an international and dynamic team in a fast-growing and innovative organization of 150+ people, fully supported by prominent investors and international organizations.
The Junior Scientist (nucleic acids business unit) is responsible for the process adaptation and project execution in the scope of his/her activity. As Junior Scientist (nucleic acids business unit), you will act as junior expert for the production of nucleic acids (DNA, mRNA and LNP) including DSP technology (such as UF, Chromatography, filtration). As Junior Scientist (nucleic acids business unit), you will be accountable for the process transfer and execution supervision from non-GMP to GMP environment. You will work in close collaboration with the Technical Lead, technicians, head of development and production, (senior) scientist, analytical sciences/ QC team, project leaders and QA.
As Junior Scientist (nucleic acids business unit), you will act as a future technical expert on typical nucleic acids production (DNA and mRNA), formulation (LNP) and DSP activities
- Design and execute innovative development for xNA vaccine, gene therapy and biosimilar applications.
- Deliver technical vision within our DSP unit. Expertise with technics like TFF, depth filtration, chromatography,… and formulation of LNP.
- For development activities, write experimental protocol, study-plan and work-unit plans.
- For GMP activities, ensure that all data and results are properly recorded in specified forms (paper and electronic) according to EHS & GMP rules, SOPs, Working Instructions and Good Documentation Practices.
- Implement and maintain best practices for nucleic acids production, formulation and DSP operations.
- Determine CQAs and CPPs for each product in collaboration with the stakeholders and under supervision of the (senior) scientist.
- Write, update, and review WI’s, SOP’s, BR’s, BOM’s.
- Propose creative technical solutions to meet project’s goals
- Review run forms and raw data.
- Perform preliminary analysis and interpretation of functional data.
- Report and present results in front of internal stakeholders.
- Follow-up on deadlines and project objectives within his/her own scope.
- Master or Engineering degree in life sciences, chemistry or biology field
- Minimum of 1 or 2 years in process development or GMP clinical/manufacturing activities.
- xNA experience is a must.
- Strong expertise within nucleic acids production, DSP and formulation.
- Focused on quality (GMP), understanding of compliance and cGxP considerations.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to impart knowledge and inspire confidence among colleagues.
- Inherent curiosity, with a commitment to continuous learning.
- Self-motivated, with a keen interest in contributing to a fast-growing company.
- Enthusiastic and agile to work on a variety of projects in a multi-tasking environment.
- Right First Time & Customer-oriented.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken, is essential.