As part of the Sales & Business team, the role of the Proposal Manager is, together with the sales and operational teams, to assess new client requests and prepare proposals containing the most suitable solutions. By following the process of business acquisition flow, the Proposal Manager will ensure the production of high-quality proposals and high level of internal & external communications to promote the acquisition of new customers and projects. He/She will strongly contribute to the achievement of business and financial goals.
We offer the possibility to play a key role in the achievement of our revenue targets, as well as actively contributing to the continuity of Exothera’s growth.
The main responsibilities of the Proposal Manager will be to:
- Analyze RFP, RFQ and/or RFI received by prospects
- Organize, attend and lead technical teleconference with prospect and appropriate stakeholders (SME, experts…) to better qualify customer’s requirements
- In strong collaboration and interaction with appropriate stakeholders:
- Assess the feasibility of the project in terms of material and resources.
- Consolidate project’s baselines (scope, timelines, budget) – Develop competitive budgets and pricing.
- Identify potential risks for completion and define mitigation strategies.
- Build the most appropriate tailored solution leading to the structuration and drafting of a competitive proposal.
- Respect and meet timelines for delivery of proposals.
- Create, update and share KPIs on pipeline and proposals performance.
- Once contractual documents are signed, ensure proper coordination of project hand-over, by reaching out appropriate stakeholders and organizing hand-overmeetings.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the overall proposal’s quality by gathering feedbacks and implementing them. This will be reflected by routinely review and revise high level and detailed proposal template language, costing models, standard FTE estimates, and standard timeline templates as needed – seeking input from the appropriate subject matter experts and relevant colleagues (for early phase and/or late-stage/commercial opportunities).
- Coordinate, organize and lead customer visits together with Business and operation team: definition of agenda, facility tours and working sessions with Prospect.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s/ PhD Degree in Biological Sciences.
- Experience working in Gene and Cell Therapy or vector based vaccine projects within a Contract Manufacturing Organization preferred
- Demonstrate active-listening skills to listen and understand customer needs, previous client facing interaction required
- Strong analytical skills allowing to quickly and efficiently qualify customer needs and extract useful information
- Project management experience required
- Strong ability to coordinate work with diplomacy, and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and other team members
- Good understanding of financial aspects: FTE evaluation, costing and pricing
- Excellent organizational and personal time management skills, as well as communication (written and verbal)
- Pragmatic, proactive and able to balance priorities
- Computer skills (expertise with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).