Exothera is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to virus and viral vector production. As a Univercells company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on novel manufacturing technologies. The company delivers accelerated process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of virus and viral vectors. At Exothera and Univercells, our mission is to make health equally accessible to all.
Apply and be part of this great adventure!
Operating within the perimeter of the Analytical Science laboratory of Exothera, the Scientist (HPLC/Immuno Assays) is responsible for developing, transferring and qualifying analytical methods in support of the bioprocess development activities of Exothera.
She/He will work closely with Analytical Technicians to plan and execute method development, method qualification, and routine testing. He/She will make sure that these analytical deliverables are made available within the agreed project timelines, while respecting all applicable quality and EHS regulations.
Support analytical method development and qualification
- Development of physico-chemical methods (UPLC/HPLC, light scattering) or Immuno Assays methods (ELISA, SDS-PAGE, WB)
- Participate to the transfer and/or qualification of HPLC and DLS based methods or ELISA/WB
- Contribute directly to analytical testing and oversee execution by technicians, peer review of test results
- Train and guide Analytical Technicians
- Write and/or review method development, transfer or qualification protocols and reports
Internal and External representation
- Act as analytical expert for methods within his area of expertise in meetings with clients
- Present progress and results in internal project meetings
- Act as scientific coach and soundboard for Lab Technicians, making sure they can execute their operational duties efficiently
- Develop training materials for instruments and methods, where appropriate, and deliver training
- Advocate and live the company values
Quality & Innovation
- Participate in continuous improvement by suggesting new processes or procedures to improve efficiency
- Contribute actively to innovation by looking out for relevant technological innovations and their evaluation or implementation
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of experience in an analytical lab environment focusing on UPLC/HPLC applications and/or immunoassays in biologics or gene/cell therapy
- Ideally the candidate must have a strong experience in both HPLC and Immunoassays assays. However, a candidate with a strong experience in one of the 2 fields with knowledges in the other will be considered.
- Analytical experience with viral particles, viral vectors, vaccines, and monoclonal antibodies is a strong asset
- Demonstrated experience with analytical method development and qualification/validation is required.
- Advanced degree in life sciences/ chemistry / chemical or bio-engineering (MSc or PhD), or equivalent
- Experience with Customer interactions, such as in a CRO or CDMO is an asset
- Fluent English is required, French is a definite asset