Based in Jumet, you will join a collaborative team, full of passionate change-makers. You will be a key member of an international and dynamic team in a fast-growing and innovative organization of 180+ people, fully supported by prominent investors and international organizations (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, European Investment Bank, Major impact funds…).
As USP Lab technician, you will join our Development Team and you will support our Bioprocess Engineers in all operations associated with the customized optimization of cell culture processes and facilitate the scale-up from development to production.
In the lab, you will be responsible for the execution of operational work and you will carry out all activities associated with the cell culture process like:
- Preparation and filtration of solutions (media and feeds), and cell banks
- Conduct sterility tests on media feeds, and cell banks
- Preparation of assemblies for the execution of experimental work
- Setup, operation, dismantling, cleaning, and sterilization of cell culture equipment
- Conduct experiments for upstream process development under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods at different scales (from flask to call stack before bioreactor), including cell line development, cell expansion (seed train), and bioprocess production
- Follow-up of culture monitoring by applying different simple analytical methods like cellular counter, inverted microscope,…
- You will also be in charge of lab and equipment supervision and monitoring the stock (consumables and reagent)
- You will keep clean and safe the working area by following established housekeeping routines and conduct of lab environment monitoring
- Out of the lab, you will edit the documentation related to experiments and you are responsible for the traceability of performed operational work through recording of all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and accountability
- You will carefully follow the quality system tracking within the field of activities and SOPs in all operational tasks
- You will identify and report all deviations and/or unexpected events through the initiation of related investigations, and you will support the corrective and preventive actions
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s in Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences
- Ideally a minimum 2 years of experience in cell culture processes, aseptic practices, and working in a laminar flow-hood
- Knowledge of bioreactor systems is an asset
- Capability and interest to leverage know-how with classical cell culture techniques to participate in the development of new generation solutions
- Strong sense of observation and capability of troubleshooting
- Resistance to stress and flexibility (adaptability to a changing and multi-tasked environment)
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects and to learn more every day
- Strong organizational skills, proactivity, scientific curiosity, desire to be impactful
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team
- Good understanding of English (written and spoken
We offer a long-term contract (CDI), a competitive salary, a complete compensation & benefits package, and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic, and fast-growing company.
Is it appealing to you? Are you a powerful thinker combined with an efficient doer? Apply now!
Let’s work together to make biologics available and affordable for all!